Saturday, December 07, 2002

There's a strange, gray area where relationships start to transition. From acquaintance to friend, sometimes to lover or family member; each step is a confusing mess of emotion, desire, and drunken accident. With all my friends and loves, I’ve tried not to make hard-cut lines between this and that, rather I prefer to let each relationship stand for what it is. You kiss some people, deeply and passionately; others get a peck on the cheek like a sibling. Sometimes your devotion is that of a spouse; other times you may make love but only see each other on occasion. One’s level of participation level may vary from time to time; nothing is a constant unless you make some commitment. I think this attitude has gotten me into a lot of trouble over the years.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.