Friday, December 13, 2002

I took my TV into my bedroom last night. I watched the late night talk shows until 3 or so, when the last of the reruns finished, then rolled over and went to sleep. Perhaps I should have gotten a junior one bedroom or a studio. Sometimes my apartment seems too large for me. Maybe that's why I sleep in the bathroom sometimes, it's such a smaller room, I can touch the walls. I opened my eyes at 11Am, but I didn't move. I fell back asleep soon after. My eyes opened again at 12:30. I set my alarm for 2 and covered my head with the blankets. They smell like smoke, I need to wash them, I need to wash everything. Maybe if I’d gotten up at 11 I could have done some laundry. But that would be too easy, wouldn’t it? I mean why break my morning routine. I wake up, lie there as long as I can, stumble into the tub and sit there in the dark with the water hitting me in the face for as long as the hot water holds out. I struggle to find something to wear and then run out the door to the bus stop. I actually left early enough to catch an earlier bus, but of course I forgot something and had to run back to my apartment, then I stopped to get my mail. The bus passed me as I approached the light. I walked down to Eastern (about 10 minutes) and just managed to catch an Express bus that doesn’t stop at Spencer. We were a few minutes too late to catch the Pecos bus, so I had a 20 minute wait there. I managed to get to work just on time. I get into work and my boss gives me my annual review. To top things off, I can’t remember my work email password and I’ve got a sore throat.
A friend I haven’t seen in a year emailed me, pleading for me to call him. He doesn’t have a computer at home, he uses the machines at school (a Junior College that I attended years ago.) Of course I have no phone. It makes things difficult for us to communicate. Almost all of my friends are wired, they each have multiple email accounts and IM accounts. The one or two people in my life that don’t are almost ghosts to me. I guess it’s nice to be able to talk to people, to hear their voice, but is it worth the money to me? Since I moved into my own apartment, my budget shrank so much that I had to choose what’s most important to me. Do I give up smoking? Well, guess not. Still spend $120 a month on that. Ouch, that would pay for a phone and cable TV.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.