Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Rock over London! Rock on Chicago!

Rest in peace, Wesley Willis. Of all the music I've heard in my life you're is perhaps the most unique and heart felt. When I saw you last summer, you gave me a headbutt after signing the record I bought. You looked so happy behind the small booth, just selling your art and hugging anyone that would let you. We loved you as much as you loved us. When you got on stage, you seemed to change. I don't know if the voices you heard were telling you something then, but your sadness touched me. I couldn't stay for the whole show, I'm sorry. Perhaps I became too empathetic, I could feel the sadness you broadcast. Some people say that we were exploiting you, but I disagree. We, as an audience, exploit any artist that has an emotion to give. We were there to hear what you have to say and to see what the legend of Wesley Willis was really about. I hope your time in the hospice was pleasant enough and that you had as much love around you there as you did in concert. Sleep with the angels.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.