Friday, August 15, 2003

Fuck the east coast.

I wanted to say this yesterday but my cable modem went down. So I was up at 16:00 to watch Cops as I usually do on my days off. I launched Trillian and tried to join my favorite IRC channel (#subgenius of FEFnet) but I couldn't get in. The network was in netsplit mode and you couldn't join most channels. So we setup a temporary channel and I found out that most of the north east was without power and FEFnet is mostly in and around NYC. Joy. And to top it off Fox aired news instead of Cops. At least LAPD was on another station. There’s something about constant news coverage that bothers me. Unprepared and usually incorrect information being spewed out by spin doctors. Not to mention the hellish inter-titles ("Blackout 2003! The largest in history! We were there!”) I swear it’s like President Bush (Sr.) taking credit for the fall of the Berlin Wall. Fuck it all.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.