Sunday, August 10, 2003

--------------------
Man Gets 1 Year for How-To on Explosives
--------------------

The Sherman Oaks resident, now 20, posted instructions for making Molotov cocktails and other devices on an anarchist Web site.

By David Rosenzweig
Times Staff Writer

August 5 2003

A 20-year-old Sherman Oaks man was sentenced to one year in federal prison Monday for offering recipes on how to make Molotov cocktails and other explosive devices on an anarchist Web site he operated.

The complete article can be viewed here.

This really fucking pisses me off. “Land of the free” my skinny white ass. I’m not a criminal and I don’t have any grand plans to bomb anything but I like to know how such things work. I’ve read up on Ricin manufacture, Molotov cocktails, synthesizing drugs, and whatever else I could find. I’ve read military handbooks, poorly constructed web sites, and even very detailed Usenet postings. If I wanted to bomb something, I certainly would not be so stupid as to advertise the fact that I know how to make bombs on a web site. I’d want to be able to get away with it. Sherman Austin, the guy who got arrested, is (was) the webmaster for http://www.raisethefist.com, a nice source for anarchist information. It's stuff like this that makes people go postal, not the availability of information.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.