Saturday, July 26, 2003

I can't believe just how stupid people are. As some of you know, I work in a call center that provides technical support for an ISP. Dealing with stupid people calling in is one thing, but dealing with stupid phone reps is another. Let me give you an example. Someone calls in wanting to add an email address. We have a support page to do this. The phone rep runs the caller through setting up the email address into Outlook Express and gives me a blank stare when for some reason the mail account doesn’t work. She didn’t add it in the web page so the email account doesn’t exist. I tell her how to do this 4 times, twice even showing her where in the page to do this. I get blank stares in response. How difficult is it to follow written instructions that were read to you during 5 weeks of training? Why can’t you follow a 4 step process that is verbally and visually illustrated several times? Sometimes I’m amazed that I don’t go postal.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.