Thursday, July 03, 2003

Hung out with some friends last night. We were driving to get some cigarettes and beer when we passed by this dive on Maryland Parkway, just across from UNLV. On a lark, I say we should go in. My companions agree for some really odd reason. We order our beers (two bottles of Guinness for them, a Newcastle for me) and settle in. The pool tables were free so I talked them into a game. A hispanic boy played a round with us. He had no idea what were are about, where we are from. I tried to explain the music I listen to, but that is just useless without a reference point. We had a few shots, the bartender poured doubles. Nice. I didn't wake up today until 6pm. We were out very late. It will be difficult to transition to a place where bars close at 2am.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.