Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Amateur’s Night. Around 22:00, I went to the Double Down. Some punk bands were playing. I got bored and called some friends. I thought I’d just check in and see how the party was going, but the response was (as usual,) “Do you want someone to pick you up?” I thought for a second and consented. I arrived at their bourgeois domicile at about 21:45. I was dangerously close to sober, so I grabbed a few shots of whisky. Some beer later, I felt better. There were many people there. I had something in common with a few. We chatted. My friends/hosts told me to either take a ride now or sleep there, so I chose to stay. They passed out early, like around 04:30. It’s the first time I’ve slept anywhere but my apartment since I’ve moved here. I was safe, at least. These are people I’ve known for years. They gave me blankets, but I slept under my trench coat. I don’t know why. I’ve had this bum mentality since I got my first trench and pair of boots. Boots are your pillow, coat is your blanket. When I woke up, there was no one around. I finished the beer that I had left when I passed out. Someone came out of hiding. We smoked, I had another beer. There was a cheesy 80’s retrospective on VH-1. It almost made me wish I had cable TV. Good, close friends.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.