Friday, January 03, 2003

So Waiting for Godot proved as boring as I thought. I would up falling asleep during it. I slept a lot over the past few days. It feels good. I wish I could sleep as much as I did when I was a teenager. It helps me get to work on time, but prevents me from doing much anything else. The ride to work today was a blank. I don’t remember any faces, only the gradual sway of the bus. I got an email from my father. It reminds me that if I want to move soon I had better start planing and involving those that could help me. It took me forever to get my shit together to get out of my old apartment and move just a few miles. This move is going to be more difficult. I’ve reached a crossroads. I’ve never lived alone (I know, I keep whining about that.) I can either stay where I am at, try to find someplace else here in town (I do have one or two friends here,) move back in with dad (ick!), or get my ass to San Francisco. None of these options seem easy or necessarily desirable. San Francisco has so many housing issues and I’d need to store a good chunk of my gear until we found a bigger place. It has been so much easier in the past, I found a woman and we moved in together. Well, I moved in with her. That sort of serendipity is rarer than I thought in the past. I’ve been a lucky bastard, going from my mother’s to living with a partner. Sigh, time to pay the piper, I suppose.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.