Sunday, March 21, 2004

Strange night. I left work early, just catching the Pecos bus. I knew I was low on beer and cloves, so I caught the Tropicana bus to the 7-11 that carries my brand of cloves. They have a slender beer selection; normally they have Heineken 12 packs but it's Friday night and they're out. I picked up 2 32's of Newcastle and some smokes. I got home, drank the beer and ate two slices of the pizza in the fridge. My roommate called at about 3:30, he's out of the ICU. He really wants to talk (he must be bored shitless) but I feel sick all of a sudden and cut it short. I wind up vomiting just after I hang up. I try to sleep to no avail. I want to watch TV in bed, but when we had our cable repaired the stupid fuck swiped one of my splitters. I don’t feel like rewiring so I curl up on the couch. I throw up a few more times. It must be the pizza. I should tell Ian before he gets home; he eats like a goat. I had some chamomile tea at about 5 and finally went to bed. I sort of woke up at 10 or 11 and went into some lucid dreams. They were lush, bizarre settings reminiscent of some of the best French films (like Trip to the Moon, City of Lost Children, or Delicatessen.) Maybe even like Herzog’s imagining of Jonathan Harker’s slow walk to Nosferatu’s castle. I created some strange world segregated by class, each place separated and enclosed like the world of Logan’s Run. I was stuck in the ‘middle class’ section and wanted out; life was too stifling. I improvised some sort of kite to carry me to the poor section, where there was no electricity. We lived in a plush forest area. The ‘idle rich’ were dependent on huge machinations that encroached on our Eden. I’d only seen glimpses of them from behind walls; perhaps it was only their engineers and guards that I saw. I plotted a way to remove their encroachments, but the dream fades at that point.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.