Monday, January 03, 2005

My friends Mat and Alan came in for the New Year’s celebration. I haven’t seen them in a while (well we stopped by Mat’s on the way to Coachella but that’s it.) Mat brought some homebrew absinthe that turns your poop green for days. In a fit of insanity, he drank over 10 shots of vodka in under an hour. He spent the next few hours babbling about god knows what (he was completely indecipherable) and sort of stumbling around. I could tell how drunk he was so I babysat him while Alan and my roommate went to the Crown and Anchor. Of course we spent a lot of time at Cheers playing pool and drinking. They were impressed by Roberto’s insanity nachos of doom, so perhaps they’ll come back soon. NYE we walked outside, flanked by another friend who’d come over to visit, and then made our way first to Cheers then to the Double Down. I got fairly drunk, surprise surprise; all that Jagermeister. We didn’t stay too long, however. The walk back is a bit of a blur. I think Mat was trying to climb a fence and I was holding my friend’s hand and having a fun time. I hope I wasn’t too “forward”, but I’m sure she would have told me if I had been; or at least kicked me in the nuts. We sent Alan hurdling towards the airport last night and Mat toward the bus station this morning. It was all lots of fun.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.