Sunday, February 01, 2004

I saw an invite on Friendster for a kinda friend's birthday party when I got to work. It was by toga only. I managed to leave work a little early to make it. The house was just under two miles away and there is a Wal Mart near, so I caught a ride to the Wal Mart to get a sheet for the shindig. I was worried about being spotted for shoplifting, since I had my backpack with me, but the only problem I had was waiting in line behind some wets with piles of cheap gifts (prolly for some birthday party of their own.) I got a black sheet for about $6. I can always go for more bedding. I walked to the house from the store (less than a mile away.) I'd never been inside, I only knew it since we'd dropped someone off there before. As I walked up to the door, I was nervous. I didn't know if I was party crashing or something, since no one had voiced an invite. I heard loud music and knocked anyway. Someone I didn't know answered the door but said "Nettie's in her room, go ahead!" 5 hours later, I'm rather trashed. Even if my compass is set to California, I'm so happy to find things here in Las Vegas. I only knew a small part of the crowd tonite, but I feel much closer to some of the casual acquaintances that I've been around for some of my desert trial.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.