Monday, December 15, 2003

When I got home last night, CNN was reporting that Saddam Hussein had been caught. This raised a few questions in my mind. Where should he be tried? I think the Hague but that's not gonna happen, no death penalty there. Is this going to lessen the attacks on troops in Iraq? Probably not, I don't think Hussein was in charge of those anyway. Is this a good/important thing? The constant news coverage seems to suggest as much, but I don't care about one man, only promoting stability and freedom (as contradictory as those two notions are) in the region. Why is CNN covering this story in such detail, off the cuff? Up-to-the-minute news is misleading at best and outright lies at worst. Just do a quick blurb with what is known and go about your normal schedule. Dumping so much speculation and imagination on the population is worse than double speak.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.