Friday, December 12, 2003

Back to work after two days off. Wednesday, I managed to do some laundry for the first time in a few months. I wash my socks and underwear as needed but I have enough shirts and pants to last more than six months. The sheets can get stinky, however. Good thing I have a few sets of those. I managed to get 6 loads washed (pants, shirts, and socks) before running out of fabric softener sheets. I’d meant to get more but I was lazy. Laundry takes a lot of effort. I might grab some tonight but who knows. A friend called me after that ungodly mess and we managed to make it to Sanctuary, our weekly Goth night. The new venue is doing better. At Icon we could have 8-10 people nights. Here we hit at least 30 all the time. I’ve been bringing DVDs for the DJs to play. I brought Taxi Driver and some other lovely pieces I have. I’ve only got about 50 DVDs but it’s a rather odd collection. Odd enough for the DJs at a Goth club to play them every week. I called it an early night and went home with my hausmate and his girlfriend. We had the X-box plugged into the television so we could watch some films. Not a bad arrangement. On Thursday, I tried to put away most of my clothes and do some cleaning. I didn’t feel like going anywhere until hausmate and his g/f decided to go to the Crown and Anchor. I wonder what they think of us there. It’s on the jock side of things, plus British food is just fucking nasty, but at least they have garden burgers. The three of us settled on those and got fries instead of the nasty baked beans that normally come with them. Three or four beers later we headed home to watch another film. Overall a typical weekend for me. I’m off again tomorrow for a show so it’s going to be a short work week!

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.