Monday, September 01, 2003

Food run.

So I’m concerned about my diet. I think maybe part of the reason I’m always tired and moody might be a food problem. Maybe not enough food overall or maybe just not enough of the right kinds of food. I like to be able to make burritos, sandwiches, salads, potatoes (baked or fried with onions), spaghetti, falafel, couscous, lentil soup, and rice (plain, with beans, or with veggies.) What am I missing? I should probably cut out the dairy and get more organic stuff, but organic is tough in Las Vegas. Well, I added up my shopping list on Albertson’s site (they deliver in Vegas!) and here’s a sample:

canned black beans
soda
sour cream
spaghetti or angel hair pasta
canned refried beans (vegetarian)
Kool-aid
ramen
bread
lettuce
canned corn
canned peas
rice
couscous
sugar
margarine
tomatoes
salad dressing (ranch or vinaigrette, depending on my mood)
onions
potatoes
spaghetti sauce
dill pickles
pepper jack cheese
flour tortillas
veggie burgers
salsa
Morningstar veggie corn dogs
Morningstar veggie buffalo wings
listerine
yogurt
Flinstone’s chewable vitamins
Celery
Manischewitz soup mix (Hearty bean or lentil)

I don't know, maybe it was all the government cheese I had as a child.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.