Monday, July 17, 2006

Well poo. The unemployment office finally called me today, of course at the end of a 4 hour window that I had to sit by the phone through. The woman didn't even ask me about my second-to-last job, the reason I was told that they had to call me. I'd already given someone else all the infomation about my last job, so I have no idea what the hold up is or even if I'll be getting benefits before my guinea pigs starve.

I would have gone to the welfare office to apply for food stamps, but by the time I'd finished on the phone it would have been too late to trek out there. I'll just wake up early tomorrow and see if I can't scam a ride from someone. It's only about 4 miles away, but that can leave some big blisters if you don't wear the right shoes.

I've sent in dozens of copies of my resume to different places, but it seems like I'm just dropping it down a well. I should sell all my stuff and bum around San Francisco. Still, I've made it this far, not much sense in giving up.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.