Saturday, May 13, 2006

I finally made it to the DMV. My California license expired in March, so I thought I was going to get stuck with just an ID, but the first person I spoke to (the greeter/receptionist/traffic controller/whatever) was really nice and, when I said I was getting just an ID card, told me I could still transfer my motorcycle license as long as it hasn't been over a year! It took about an hour and a half, but a friend was with me so it wasn't that bad. I thought it would take like three hours.

After that, we got some bomb Mexican grubs. The restaurant is different that my usual Mexican dives; Diego Rivera paintings on the wall instead of Emiliano Zapata photos (like Taqueria Santa Cruz or the Pancho Villa place in San Francisco). Granted, Diego was probably just as bad as those bandidos that were running the Mexican revolution, but whatever. He was screwing Frida Kahlo so I guess he leaves Zapata and Villa in the dust.

After that, we went to her place. I brought some films to watch. I found the first two episodes of the Tales of the City mini-series on VHS in a thrift store, so I thought we should watch that. It's just amazing and we both wanted to watch the rest so we went to Barnes & Noble to see if they had the DVD. The one out on this side of town didn't even have a film and music section! How gauche! I still bought the novel, since I gave my copy away a long time ago (to someone that lives in San Francisco and her grandfather's restaurant is mentioned in it, so she says). I also picked up a copy of the new issue of 2600, for shits and giggles.

Still thinking of Tales of the City, we went to the next store, Cost Plus. We found some great posters and I got four bamboo placemats for my dining room table. Those will perfectly match that royal Chinese yellow table cloth I found when we were thrifting last week.

Okay, that’s enough for now.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.