Saturday, August 07, 2004

Stuck on the corner of Pecos and Flamingo, I ask a man sharing the bench with me for the time. He obliges and then asks, "Do you have any spiritual thoughts?" I quickly and firmly said "No". You think he'd get the hint that not only do I know more about his religion than he does but I want nothing else to do with it. Fucking Evangelicals haven’t even read the books that are supposed to drive their faith. “Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins?” Wow, this guy really doesn’t get it. “I don’t believe that there is sufficient non-biblical references to show that this Jesus ever lived.” “You have to prove that!” Ha! I have to prove a negative, whatever. Burdon of proof, dipshit, lays on you. Oh, and omniscience, omnipresence, and omnibenevolence are mutually exclusive. “You have to let Jesus into your heart!” Whatever the hell that means. I’d rather let a tapeworm into my gut.

No comments:

Insert bad joke here.